1. Babies_____ when they are hungry.
C. are crying
2. Sorry, you can’t borrow my pencil. I___ it myself.
A. was using
D. am using
3. She____ the piano very well.
A. will play
4. For dinner last night we____fish and chips.
B. are having
C. have had
D. will have
5. What time______
A. the train leaves?
B. leaves the train?
C. is the train leaving?
D. does the train leave?
6. If it’s sunny tomorrow, maybe we ____go to the beach.
A. don’t go
C. will go
7. The phone_____ . can you answer it, please?
C. is ringing
8. They___their new car two weeks ago.
A. have bought
D. will buy
9. My brother_____football in the same club as me.
C. is playing
10. Two children and one adult ____in a fire last night.
A. will die
B. have died
C. are dying
11. The Amazon in Brazil is ____longest river in___South America.
12. There are _____ students in the class.
C. a lot of
13. _____his friends speaks any English.
A. Both of
D. Neither of
14. ____teachers prefer a class that is fairly consistent in having pupils of the same level.
15. The police spoke separately to____suspect.
16. I don’t think____is coming to the party.
17. I always keep_____money in my wallet for emergencies.
18. According to the studies, dolphins, whales and_____other sea creatures use highly sophisticated
B. a little
19. The storm continued for ______of the days when we were in New Orleans, but fortunately there
wasn’t_____damage in the city.
A. a few/many
B. several/a lot
C. all/a little
20. I will be back _______ 7 o’ clock